Official Contest Rules
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES FOR Responsible Gambling Awareness Week ONLINE CONTEST
The following official contest rules apply to the Nova Scotia Provincial Lotteries & Casino Corporation draw for “Grand Prize, second place prize, third place prize” (1 double Cineplex movie pass per week for 52 weeks), 1 iPad Mini, and 1 Fitbit Charge 2 associated with Responsible Gambling Awareness Week.
HOW TO ENTER:
Visit yourbestbet.ca. This will bring you to https://www.yourbestbet.ca/quiz. You will be asked to answer two multiple-choice questions about your Responsible Gambling knowledge. After selecting your answers, click submit. You will then be prompted to provide your contact information (name, email address, and phone number) to be entered for a chance to win. You must be 19+ years old to enter the contest, and there can only be 1 entry per person.
To be eligible to enter the contest you must be at least 19 years old at the time of entry. This contest is being offered by “NSPLCC” and is open to Canadian residents, not including Quebec. The deadline for entry is October
15st, 2017, 11:59 pm AST.
DRAWS AND PRIZES:
The contest will close Saturday, October 15th, 2017 at 11:59pm AST. After the close of the contest, a participant will be drawn at random and will be contacted via the phone number or email address provided within one week (7 days) of the closing date. The winner must provide proof of age and identity to NSPLCC.
The prizes for this contest include:
- One (1) double Cineplex movie pass per week for 52 weeks. Approximate value of the prize is $1,200 +tax. Only one (1) grand prize will be awarded. Winners must accept prize as awarded – there will be no substitutions.
- One (1) iPad Mini. Approximate value of the prize is $500 +tax. Only one (1) second place prize will be awarded. Winners must accept prize as awarded – there will be no substitutions.
- One (1) Fitbit Charge 2. Approximate value of the prize is $200 +tax. Only one (1) third prize will be awarded. Winners must accept prize as awarded – there will be no substitutions.
NSPLCC will ensure the winner receives the prize either by picking it up in person at the NSPLCC office or via courier to their preferred location.
The sponsor of this contest is: Nova Scotia Provincial Lotteries and Casino Corporation (“NSPLCC”).
- In order to be declared a winner, the participant whose entry is drawn must meet all contest rules and requirements.
- Once initial attempts to contact the winning participant have been made, participants must respond to NSPLCC in order to collect their prize and verify their age and identity. Reasonable efforts will be made to correctly identify and contact the participant eligible to win the prize; NSPLCC reserves the right to disqualify any selected entry or participant on the basis that they cannot reach the recipient within 1 week from draw date. Another entry will be drawn after this date.
- The chance of being selected in this draw is dependent upon the number of entries received. One entry per person.
- Entries that have been obtained or made through fraudulent means will be disqualified.
- By entering this contest, participants agree to release and hold harmless NSPLCC, and the shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents from any claim, loss, expense or other liability arising from participation in this contest or the awarding, acceptance or use of any prize awarded under the contest.
- Decisions of NSPLCC with respect to this contest are final on all matters of fact, interpretation, eligibility and procedure.
- NSPLCC has the right, at its sole discretion, to make prize substitutions of equivalent kind and value in the event of unavailability of any specified prize for reasons beyond NSPLCC’s control.
- All winners will be required to sign a prize acceptance form. Winners must accept prizes as awarded; no cash option is available.
- All winners will be required to sign a declaration and release confirming contest eligibility and compliance with contest rules and releasing the Released Parties and shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents of the Released Parties (see General Rule #6) from any liability in connection with the conduct of the contest or the awarding of prizes before receiving their prize.
- An NSPLCC representative will, for one week days after the date of the prize draw, attempt to contact the prize winner. The prize will be sent by registered mail or courier to the address provided by the prize winner or picked up in person at the NSPLCC office. The prize winner will have 20 business days after the date the prizes are mailed or couriered to collect the prize. If, at the end of the above mentioned time period, the winner has not collected the prize, he/she will no longer be eligible to receive the prize and a new entry will be drawn and will follow the same time frame as above.
- NSPLCC is not responsible for commencing, continuing or completing the draw or awarding prizes in the event of circumstances beyond the control of NSPLCC.
- All draws will adhere to the draw procedures established for the draw by NSPLCC.
These official rules govern the contest and must be followed. In the event of any discrepancy between these official rules and any other material, these rules prevail to the extent of the inconsistency.